United Nation of Engineers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't guarantee but i can try to make a [U.N.O.E] map

3 posters

Go down

I don't guarantee but i can try to make a [U.N.O.E] map Empty I don't guarantee but i can try to make a [U.N.O.E] map

Post  Leo Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:35 am

Christmas is coming soon and also our holiday which is about a month long. For that time i usualy get a little bit bored throughout the day so i tought why don't i start to make a map for tf2. My first idea was to build a map which has something familiar to 2fort but something totaly different. I wanted to make the [U.N.O.E] Headquarters on the one side and something else on the other side. But thats one idea...
I posted this to ask you what type of map would you like to play on so i can try if i can to make one:
1. should it be ctf, pl, plr, arena, koth, cp, tc and all the others i didnt mentioned
2. should it be snowy, desert, night and all the others i didnt mentioned
3. the map design: type a post of how the map should look
ty for the help Smile
Leo
Leo
Mod Engineer
Mod Engineer

Back to top Go down

I don't guarantee but i can try to make a [U.N.O.E] map Empty Re: I don't guarantee but i can try to make a [U.N.O.E] map

Post  King Weavilian Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 am

1. I'm more partial towards Control Points but King of the Hill is fine.

If you can, make a balanced Payload Race map.

2. Your choice on theme really, I'm more partial towards alpine and rain effects. You could make good use of the swamp pack they released recently. Smile

3. I'l post a map design later if you want. I'm not a good drawer or designer myself but I think I could help with balance issues on the map.
King Weavilian
King Weavilian
Head Mod Engineer
Head Mod Engineer

Back to top Go down

I don't guarantee but i can try to make a [U.N.O.E] map Empty Re: I don't guarantee but i can try to make a [U.N.O.E] map

Post  Leo Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:53 am

any help is good to me Smile i also like alpine kind of rainy-snowy and orangesky-earlynight time, koth suits fine
i like the map to have one big building where the cp should be placed and have a alpine lake somewhere at the one end of the map while on the other a mountain
Leo
Leo
Mod Engineer
Mod Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  King Weavilian Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:23 am

I just had an image of a holiday home by a lake with a control point slapped next to it. Very Happy

Try to avoid using small narrow corridors and perhaps consider creating many ways to enter and exit different areas. This is mostly for balance since a single Demoman can deny an entire entrance if it's very narrow and the only way in. Smile
King Weavilian
King Weavilian
Head Mod Engineer
Head Mod Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  TehSpark Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:12 am

Before you get any ideas, do you know how to properly use Source SDK? And dont say ' i know a little bit' Rolling Eyes
TehSpark
TehSpark
RAGE!!!111!!!! This taem suxx!

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:26 am

Yea i know how to use SDK, thats not the problem Smile.
Im just concerned about the game mod, should it be koth or a single cp which only one team can capture it.
Also i want the map to feel like our home [U.N.O.E] Headquarters, becouse not many people will play the map, mostly us.
Leo
Leo
Mod Engineer
Mod Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  King Weavilian Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:37 pm

How is the map going anyway dude? Smile

You should create a World 1-1 map of Mario Bros for the lulz. >.>
King Weavilian
King Weavilian
Head Mod Engineer
Head Mod Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:30 am

today ill start making it, first ill do the terrain (it will take some time), after that the skybox lightning and the spwn rooms, after that i can add details.....
Leo
Leo
Mod Engineer
Mod Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down