United Nation of Engineers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 8 million PS3s potentially bricked

5 posters

Go down

Over 8 million PS3s potentially bricked Empty Over 8 million PS3s potentially bricked

Post  Rorschach Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:33 am

A wide rash of game-crashing errors is spreading among the PS3-owning community at the moment, most of which can be chalked up to a 8001050F error code. This has led to a variety of unfortunate side-effects for those affected, including corrupted trophy information and an inability to access the PSN. When combined, those two issues prevent players from launching certain games, such as Heavy Rain, without being kicked back to the XMB.

We've contacted Sony to find out what's causing the issue, and when we can expect to get back to chasing down the Origami Killer. He might just be able to make a clean getaway while we suffer through this downtime.

Update: Sony has acknowledged the issue, and is "looking into it." We've yet to hear an official word on what the problem is, though it seems to be a bit larger than just the PSN. Owners of PS3 Phats are reporting that the date on their console has reverted to 12/31/1999, which is likely the cause of the data-corrupting errors. Some Phat-owners have reported receiving the errors while their console was offline, which is upsetting, to say the least. We'll let you know when we hear official word from Sony.

Over 8 million PS3s potentially bricked Ffffuu10
Rorschach
Rorschach
Head Engineer
Head Engineer

https://unoe.forum.st

Back to top Go down

Over 8 million PS3s potentially bricked Empty Re: Over 8 million PS3s potentially bricked

Post  Leo Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:20 am

I feel sry for the ones that have ps3, i hope they fix the issue soon! Sad
Leo
Leo
Mod Engineer
Mod Engineer

Back to top Go down

Over 8 million PS3s potentially bricked Empty Re: Over 8 million PS3s potentially bricked

Post  BrittTheJoker Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:06 pm

"Some technology bloggers and PlayStation users have speculated the problems could be connected with the changeover from February 28 to March 1, similar to how Microsoft Corp.'s Zune portable music players froze up in 2008 due to a coding failure which failed to take the leap year into account."

Sony Advise to not touch your PS3, unless you have a slim. Slim's are fine, apparently?

Plus here's their latest update on it

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/latest-info-on-playstation-network-status/
BrittTheJoker
BrittTheJoker
Engy Lovers

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorschach Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Crying or Very sad I got Heavy Rain today, and it's hard not to attempt to play it.

I want to get some free stuff for not being able to play anything for 24 hours. Very Happy
Rorschach
Rorschach
Head Engineer
Head Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:05 am

Rorschach wrote:Crying or Very sad I got Heavy Rain today, and it's hard not to attempt to play it.

I want to get some free stuff for not being able to play anything for 24 hours. Very Happy

SCOTT SHELBY IS THE ORIGAMI KILLER LOLPPPLPLPLPLLO9LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLQ
Ghost
Ghost
Engy Lovers

Back to top Go down

Post  King Weavilian Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Ghost wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Crying or Very sad I got Heavy Rain today, and it's hard not to attempt to play it.

************ IS THE ORIGAMI KILLER LOLPPPLPLPLPLLO9LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLQ

LIES. It's Nawman.
King Weavilian
King Weavilian
Head Mod Engineer
Head Mod Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorschach Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:30 pm

Ghost wrote:

SCOTT SHELBY IS THE ORIGAMI KILLER LOLPPPLPLPLPLLO9LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLQ

LOLOLOLOL, I already knew. But welcome to your 7 day ban for attempting to spoil it.
Rorschach
Rorschach
Head Engineer
Head Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum