United Nation of Engineers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plants vs Zombies

2 posters

Go down

Plants vs Zombies Empty Plants vs Zombies

Post  Rorschach Sun May 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Plants vs Zombies Plantsvszombies
Plants vs Zombies

• Processor: 1.2GHz processor
• Memory: 512+MB of RAM
• Graphics: 128MB of video memory, 16-bit or 32-bit color quality
• DirectX: 8 or later
• Hard Drive: 65+MB of free hard drive space
• Sound: DirectX-compatible sound
• Platform: PC and Mac
• Genre: Casual Strategy

Story

The story is very simple, yet has a certain charm to it. You are doing your usual thing inside your house. When there is a zombie invasion coming to eat your brains, so what do you do? You use your great gardening skills to prevent them from killing you!

You are accompanied by your neighbour who will sell you new plants to defend yourself, and will give you some really fun mini-games which is what makes this game so addictive.

Across all 50 levels, you fight all hours of the day and night. In your front and back garden and even the roof!

Game Length

Due to this being a casual game, the adventure mode lacks in length. Around 12 hours and you should be able to say “I completed Plants vs Zombies”, which on paper sounds rather bad. But that is where the extras come along. There are 5 game modes including survival, mini-games and puzzle. As well as a Zen Garden in which you can grow your own plants to make money to buy more plants!

Modes

Adventure mode is the basic 50 levels in which it gradually gets harder as you progress. You are given levels 1 – 1 through to 1 – 10 which is set somewhere around the outside of your house.

1 – Front Garden (Day time)
2 – Back Garden (Night time)
3 – Pool (Day time)
4 – Pool (Foggy)
5 – Roof

The next mode is survival. Do you already get what that means? You try to survive the waves of zombies that come without getting your brains feasted on. This can be very challenging at times, and is great for developing strategies.

Puzzle is the next mode. You have to figure out what actions to make in order to complete the game. This mode is one of my favourites because there is a puzzle game in which you take on the role of zombies and have to breach someone else’s house with their own plants.

There are some truly exciting mini-games to play including bowling, slot machines and last stand. Now, of course this game just doesn’t make the classics, no. Try bowling over zombies with giant nuts to make sure they don’t eat you. Or slot machines to give you a pay out of plants to use against the zombies.

Across all modes including adventure you will randomly find plants. These plants will be found in the Zen Garden. There you will have to water and feed the plants to make them grow larger. You will get money for doing this and adds that little extra to the game.

Zombies and Plants

There is a large variety of different plants and zombies which makes the game full of comedy. Ranging from your regular zombie, a Michael Jackson thriller spoof zombie, a football playing zombie, a dolphin zombie, a buckethead zombie! There are loads! The plants range from pea shooters, wall nuts, corn cannons, sunflowers, the list goes on! It's what makes this game a gem.

Replay ability

Now if you think Plants vs Zombies will have no replay ability after you have done that entire huge list of things I previously mentioned. Then you would be wrong. After completing the adventure mode, you have the option to go through the whole thing again on a harder difficulty. You get to keep every single unlocked plant as well. Many other modes have non-complete games such as Survival Endless, just to see how far you can get without dying.

Music

The music and sound effects in this game are so catchy you will probably end up humming them for 5 hours after playing the game. Every aspect fits nicely and it’s one of the greatest soundtracks I’ve heard in a game for a long time.

Conclusion

This game is amazing and truly worth the £6.99 they are asking for it. You will get around 40 hours of game play if the game pulls you in, which it will. I therefore give this game 9.5 / 10. My only fault with the game is that it isn’t in HD which is nitpicking.

PLANTS vs ZOMBIES

9.5 / 10

(Think I was lieing about the music?)
[b]
Rorschach
Rorschach
Head Engineer
Head Engineer

https://unoe.forum.st

Back to top Go down

Plants vs Zombies Empty Re: Plants vs Zombies

Post  Leo Mon May 10, 2010 9:04 am